In collaboration with the International Society of Automation (ISA), this report provides an extensive investigation on the latest adoption trends, needs and wants in the highly competitive industrial wireless sensor network (WSN) and Internet of Things markets.
ON World’s latest survey with 180+ industrial automation professionals found steady growth for the wireless mesh standards but there is also a strong awareness and early adoption of LPWAN solutions.
Satisfaction with WSN solutions has increased overall but improvements are needed for battery life, costs, system integration and network range.
Some of the areas addressed in the report include the following:
- What are the prospects for industrial wireless sensing and control today?
- What is the impact from the latest standards?
- Which markets are adopting WSN the fastest?
- What are the most commonly used wireless sensors and applications?
- Are users satisfied with current WSN systems?
- What are their needs, wants, and future plans?
- Are respondents interested in Low Power Wide Area Networking?
- For which markets will LPWAN have the biggest impact?
In this report, we compare the results with surveys completed in Q2 2012 and Q4 2014. The results are presented for all respondents as well as filtering them by end users and respondents targeting process industries.
183 industrial end users, systems integrators, vendors, suppliers, platform and service providers
Send us an email with
in the subject.